XYZ Managing director
“I have been drumming for over 20 years now. I have studied with several great teachers who have all had a big impact on my approach to the drums including Glen Child, Oli Baxendale, Dan Foord, Steve Vintner, Will Gates and Benny Greb.
So far my teaching experience has covered many areas of the profession. I have set up XYZ Music Academy as a Managing Director alongside my brother as a business partner. In 2012, I set up a youtube channel for my play through of well known songs and grade material. This channel has now amassed over 10,000 subscribers and 7 million views which is at the forefront of the marketing for XYZ Music Academy. I have also worked as a consultant on Trinity College London’s 2020 Drum Kit syllabus. This opportunity led me down the path of being able to teach live at the UK Drum Show in 2018-2019. I was also given the opportunity to interview Benny Grab on behalf of Trinity. All of these experiences have opened my eyes to the wider world of Music education.
In more recent years I have been balancing my teaching between drum kit and classroom music lessons. This has led me down a path of study to enhance the way in which music lessons are delivered within primary schools in the hope to encourage a new wave of musicians in future generations. Over the past 15 years, I have focused on building strong relationships with my drum students. I have taught over 500 students ranging from the ages of 3-70+. I offer extreme flexibility in my teaching method to suit every type of student. I sit my students through Rockschool and Trinity exams. It never ceases to amaze me just how capable students can be if they are given effective tools to help them tackle obstacles in their drumming and personal lives! I feel very comfortable teaching all genres of music and have sat over 300 students in for exams. I strongly believe that students have a lot more to learn after grade 8 and I will do my best to stop complacency once this grand target has been accomplished!”
- Private drum tutor – 2005 to present
- ST Bernard’s peripatetic drum tutor – 2008 to 2013
- Yamaha Music School drum tutor – 2009 to 2013
- Aylesbury Vale Academy Drum Tutor – 2013 to 2015
- Dunx Drum School manager and drum tutor – 2010 to 2014
- Waddesdon C of E School Drum Tutor 2019 – 2020
- Managing Director of XYZ Music Academy 2014 – present
- Teacher at Long Crendon School 2017 – present
- Classroom Music Teacher at Twyford School 2018 – present
- Classroom Music Teacher at Brill School 2020 – present
- BA Music Degree – studied at Oxford Brookes University
- 1-year DrumTech Diploma studied at Tech Music Schools
- Grade 8 Drum Kit Distinction
- A level in Music
- GCSE in Music
- NSPCC Child Protection: Safeguarding
- Prevent Online Training Course
- Challenging Behaviour Training
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Ready To Begin?
Start your journey in the world of music now.
Book Free Taster Lesson